Herron School of Art and Design will host a National Portfolio Day event on Saturday, September 30, 2017 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on the campus of Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI).
For high school juniors and seniors considering a career in art and design, National Portfolio Day is a unique opportunity to meet with representatives from more than 20 of the nation’s top schools accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
National Portfolio Day events take place from September to January in locations across the country. These opportunities bring together prospective undergraduate students and experienced college representatives for open portfolio reviews, artwork critiques, and guidance on developing a portfolio. The events also provide students and their families a chance to learn more about each school’s curriculum and application process.
Before National Portfolio Day, prospective students are invited to learn more about Herron School of Art and Design from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Herron Preview. This event will include information about Herron’s undergraduate programs, financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and a tour of the facilities.
Check-in for the Herron event begins at 9:30 a.m. at Eskenazi Hall located at 735 W. New York Street, on the IUPUI campus. An RSVP is requested for Herron Preview, but is not required to attend National Portfolio Day.
Schools and universities participating in National Portfolio Day include:
- Alfred University, School of Art and Design
- Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Ball State University
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art & Design
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Herron School of Art + Design
- Illinois State University
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
- Lawrence Technological University
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Memphis College of Art
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- New Hampshire Institute of Art
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Saint Francis, School of Creative Arts
- Vincennes University
- Western Michigan University, Frostic School of Art
For more information, visit herron.iupui.edu/npd or contact Herron’s Office of Admissions and Student Services at 317-278-9400.
About National Portfolio Day Association
The National Portfolio Day Association (NPDA) was created in 1978, solely for the organization and planning of National Portfolio Days. The Association consists of representatives from regionally accredited U.S. colleges and universities that are accredited institutional members of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), and Canadian colleges and universities that are members of Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) or that hold NASAD Substantial Equivalency status. NPDA is the only organization of its kind, and its membership represents the highest standard of visual arts education available in the United States and Canada.