With an annual slate of approximately 20 exhibitions, talks, and other events each year, the Galleries serve as your gateway to diverse cultural experiences and an enriched understanding of today's most important artistic voices.
Locations and hours
The Galleries at Eskenazi Hall
Monday – Saturday
10 a.m.-5 p.m.
10 a.m.-8 p.m.
735 W. New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
The Galleries, located at Eskenazi Hall and Eskenazi Fine Arts Center, are closed on major holidays including New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Everything you need to know to organize a visit
Parking is free, courtesy of The Great Frame Up Indianapolis with validation from the Herron galleries. Visitors may park in the Sports Complex Garage adjacent to Eskenazi Hall or park on levels 5-6 of the Riverwalk Garage.
All galleries are wheelchair accessible. ADA service animals are permitted.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the galleries.
- Please keep a reasonable distance from all artwork and do not touch any works on display; even a slight touch can damage sensitive surfaces.
- Large bags and other oversized personal items are not permitted but should be checked, free of charge, at the gallery desk.
- Unless otherwise noted, photography in the galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial use. The use of flash, tripods, selfie sticks, and other equipment is prohibited.
- As a courtesy to other visitors, cell phone conversations should be conducted outside of the galleries.
- Children under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult. Strollers are permitted.
- Animals are not permitted, with the exception of ADA service animals.
- Note taking and sketching is allowed, but we ask that only pencils and moderate-sized notepads are used. No easels or paints will be permitted.