Members of the social media ambassador team, known as the Herron Originators, are current students who are passionate about the school and its programs and are skilled at using social media. They are very involved in their program area and frequently attend school events.
As a Herron Originator, you will:
- Collaborate with Herron's Marketing and Communications staff and other Herron Originators to brainstorm ideas for social media content.
- Create content such as captions, photos, and short videos.
- Contact individuals from various program areas of the school.
- Attend school events and/or document your own student experience.
To participate in the program, you must:
- Be enrolled in a Herron undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
- Follow IUPUI's Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.
- Possess social media skills, professionalism, and the ability to create engaging content.
- Be willing to participate in the Herron Originators program throughout the academic year.
There are numerous advantages to becoming a Herron Originator, such as:
- Building résumé experience that can be shared with potential employers.
- Gaining hands-on experience with social media strategy in a professional capacity.
- Learning and honing new skills in content creation and writing.
- Making connections with Herron staff, faculty, students, and alumni.
Whitney Yoerger, external affairs and content specialist in Herron's Office of External Affairs and Communications, can be reached at email@example.com.