Students who are interested in returning to Herron must complete the IUPUI application for returning students. Upon completion of the application, students must send the IUPUI Office of Undergraduate Admissions all transcripts from each of the colleges that they have attended since IUPUI.
Apply to Herron as a returning student
Submitting your portfolio (if required)
A portfolio is required for all Bachelor of Art Education and Bachelor of Fine Arts applicants. A portfolio is not required if you apply for a Bachelor of Art History.
In some situations, students previously enrolled at Herron may not have to submit a portfolio. Consideration for portfolio exemption is determined on a case-by-case basis. Ask an admissions advisor if you wish to be considered for portfolio exemption.
Application fees for returning students
- IUPUI online application fee: Not required for students who have previously enrolled in a degree-seeking program and completed courses at an Indiana University campus
- Herron SlideRoom portfolio fee: $10 (non-refundable; cannot be waived)
Important dates for returning students
- Aug. 1: IUPUI application and portfolio submission open
- Oct. 1: FAFSA opens
- Nov. 15: FAFSA priority deadline
- Feb. 15: IUPUI incoming first-year and competitive scholarship deadline
- May 1: IUPUI application, portfolio submission, and enrollment deposit deadline
- January: IUPUI application and portfolio submission open
- Nov. 1: IUPUI application and portfolio submission deadline
- March 15: Summer Session I application and portfolio submission deadline
- May 1: Summer Session II application and portfolio submission deadline