Current IU graduate students who are interested in adding the graduate certificate in design thinking must complete the Herron application for currently enrolled students.
Add a graduate certificate in design thinking to your current degree
In order to apply to Herron from another IU school, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an IU graduate or professional degree program.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to enroll in the certificate program and how your interests complement your studies.
- Provide three projects that present your work in collaborative situations and developing solutions.
Work samples may include a case study, portfolio, deliverable, or another suitable format. Include a description of each project that clearly articulates the significance and outcomes. Collaborative work should be identified as such, including your role in the project.
Use these design criteria as your guiding principles when creating your porfolio:
- The portfolio should represent your abilities as a strategic problem solver.
- The portfolio should represent your abilities as an information organizer.
- The portfolio should represent your ability to structure communications appropriately in order to demonstrate your interest in collaborative innovation.
- Fall admission: Opens September 5, 2020, and closes August 10, 2021
- Spring admission: Opens August 11, 2021, and closes December 10, 2021